Search

Thursday 2 August 2012

LIFE SKILLS 101: Time to concentrate!

Hello my beauties! I've been really bad with the blogging, I know! I cannot explain to you how much everything has been changing in the last month or so. It's been one of the busiest times I can remember as a photographer - but also equally as exciting. To keep you up to speed I've recently been appointed the Australian editor of Black magazine. I love those guys - they have been very supportive of my career ever since I interned with them six years ago. Making coffees and sweeping floors. We all start somewhere baby! I take pride in working with the magazine and I'm really excited for you guys to see the next issue and all the fresh content. It's going to be ridiculously amazing!

Sapphire @ DALLYS
Some of you may have seen the shoots I've been doing with kiwi super babe singer Kimbra. I've had some of the pictures pop up in places like Teen Vogue and Interview magazine (one of my absolute favourites in the world!) which I'm immensely proud of. I've also been contacted by more international  artists wanting to work with me, so it's been a delicate balance of slowly finishing up my workload and preparing for a big relocation soon. There were so many things that I wanted to shoot these last couple of months but I simply ran out of time! There will be more opportunities I'm sure!

Sapphire @ DALLYS


Recently I got to visit Brisbane for a special occasion with the extended family. I always love going home and having a big debrief with my mum and dad. For those of you who don't know, I'm the youngest of eight kids. My father calls me the 'prodigal son', always disappearing for large periods of time, then making a return last minute. I'm not the call home every day kinda guy, so it's nice when I get to have some down time with my folks. With everything changing so dramatically work wise, it's good to have a sounding board to interpret all of my adventures and help you make sense of it all. Also I've been witnessing characters from my past pop up to help me heal some old wounds and get into a positive headspace. I think I'm getting closer to where I want to be spiritually. It's a step by step process!

Sapphire @ DALLYS
Anyhow I'm getting side tracked! I wanted to share with you these photos of the lovely Sapphire from Dallys models in Queensland. I think Sapphire has a big career ahead of her. She possesses the cool factor that you see in great girls like Erin Wasson and Catherine McNeil. She's still finishing school but I can tell that we'll be seeing a lot more of Sapphire in the future! Smart girls finish school first! In regards to the other creatives, I got to work with the ever charming stylist Sarah Birchley again, whose work you will spot in the next issue of Black. I also got to work with a great makeup artist named Carolina Rojas who has relocated from Chile to Brisbane. I was really impressed with her attention to detail and I would recommend her services to all you Queensland based fashion photographers!

Sapphire @ DALLYS
On a final note, I just want to take a moment to say thank you to all the people who have supported me so far. My friends, my family, and all the people who have mentored me during my career - the photographers, the editors, the bookers, the agents, the designers, the models and the creatives I work with. I don't say thank you enough because I realise you've all taught me in one way or another. I know I still have a lot further to go, and in many ways have only just begun this adventure, but I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate and value everything you've taught me! My hat is off to you! More importantly, thank you to all the people who follow my work, who have believed in my talent and supported my pictures. You guys are the true super stars and your interest is deeply valued. I promise to keep creating more work to keep you inspired and excited! You guys rule!
  

1 comment: